Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Tilt of the Head

Whether we do it deliberately or instinctively, our bodies communicate so much without a word escaping our mouths. Arms crossed in different manners can send many messages, depending on the stance we adopt when doing it. Our eyes mirror our souls (or so it is said). We can generally tell when someone we meet on the path of life is in a hurry or willing to linger a bit just by the direction they face as we speak.

My morning routine today, brought thoughts about all of the ways we give unspoken messages simply through the tilt of our head.

An ever-so-slight tilt forward might say to someone "Tell me more. I'm interested."

A sudden, sharp tilt back can express surprise or even shock.

A younger me, with a coquettish smile on my lips, once tilted my head slightly to the side hoping to be flirtatious. 

These thoughts came to me, as I said, during my morning routine.  I tilted my head back for my eye drops; to the side for ear drops and, quickly, to the front when my low blood pressure made me dizzy. 

Thank goodness the vanity mirror doesn't misconstrue my intentions as interest, surprise or flirtation!

Oh, life has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment